Sunday, November 6, 2011

WOW Presentation at Brisbane Regionals for Stampin Up

 Yesterday I was asked by Stampin Up to present a WOW demonstration at Brisbane Regionals.   I don't know if this technique has a name but I decided to show the technique of inking up the inside of your embossing folder which accentuates the embossed pattern after it is run through the Big Shot Machine.

For those wanting to give it a go here are the steps I follow to achieve the best results:-

You will need:
  • cardstock of your choice which is smaller than the embossing folder itself.
  • Ink Pad
  • Embossing folder
  • Brayer
  • Dotto (repositionable glue tape)
  • Big Shot and plates
  1. First thing to do is ink up your brayer with the ink pad making sure it is well covered.
  2. Run the inked Brayer back and forwards over the inside of the embossing folder (the recessed side only) till the ink is well and evenly distributed.
  3. Run a bit of Dotto on the back of your piece of cardstock so that when you place it on the other side of the folder it will stick down in place and not move making it easier to assemble the big shot sandwich without the cardstock shifting and rubbing ink where you don't want it.
  4. Close the folder up and place it on the multipurpose platform with only tab 1 open between the cutting plates an run it through the big shot slowly.  It might be a tight squeeze but it ensures that the ink touches all parts of the background embossed image.
  5. Open the folder and Vwala (is that a word).
To clean my folder and Brayer I just run them under a cold tap till they are clean and pat dry with a piece of paper towel.

 I demonstrated the JOY card from my previous Post but also showed some other examples using different coloured inks and other embossing folders and the effects you can get.

Here I used the striped embossing folder and I ran it through twice, reinking the folder to make the impression darker and then running it through again after turning the cardstock 90 degrees to achieve the checkered pattern.  This would make a great man's card.  I used Cajun Craze ink on  More Mustard cardstock and Early Espresso for the greeting.



The next card I used the Finiel flowers folder with Crumb Cake Ink on Naturals Ivory Cardstock.  I was really happy with this card.   This is the new Kindness Matters stamp set which I just love and it's only $19.95. 

This was a favourite of mine also, the Petals a Plenty Folder using Pool Party Ink on Whisper White Cardstock.   This looks so pretty in real life.  I added a bit of ruffled ribbon and added the flower which is the spiky flower cut twice from the Blossom Party Big Shot Die. I spritzed it with Frost White shimmer paint in a spray bottle mixed with rubbing Alcohol giving it a couple of goes for maximum effect.  A relatively easy card for a workshop I think.


Hope you can follow my instructions but if you have any questions, feel free to email me and I'd be happy to help you out.


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial, Tina! I'm giving this a go today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to find you. I lover your cards and thank you so much for sharing this technique. I have joined your site and also follow you on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judi, thanks for your lovely comment. I'm glad you enjoyed my technique. I see it a lot now but when I demonstrated it I hadn't seen it much at all.

      Delete
  3. Wow great technique! I will have to try it out sometime soon. Oh and btw the word is "voila". Its french. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you - I have used this technique but never with the great results you have. I especially like the color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you do the embossing on the blue card that say's It's your day.
    Blue but keep flowers white?

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...