Tuesday, February 18, 2014

LEGO BIRTHDAY CARD

My youngest son was invited to a Lego Party the other week.  It wasn't hard for me to work out what kind of card to make the 7 year old.  I know there are a lot of these types of cards out there and this is my version.  Hope you like it.


So for this card I used Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight and Gumball Green (I'll be sad when this colour goes).  I used the Dotted Embossing folder from the Sale-a-Brations Collection as a base plate.


The blocks were punched out using the 1" Square Punch and the circle punch from the Itty Bitty pack.  I made two layers of circles to give dimension and then I used the white Gel Pen to add highlights and more dimension.  I just glued the dots on using a liquid glue which makes it easier to centre them against each other by moving them around till they look right.

The Birthday Boy absolutely loved it and I was pretty pleased too.  So easy and fairly quick to make as well.



9 comments:

  1. Love your card - I've just cased it and will blog it tomorrow - thanks for sharing.
    http://yellowbearnz.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card! I am always looking for boy cards. I love the white highlights on the legos, it really makes them pop! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina - I've just CASE'd you brilliant card and will be posting about it this coming week. I found your card on Pinterest and that led me to a SU site where I couldn't check you out (am not a SU Demo person). But, I Googled you from your watermark and will give you a shout out. I'm in the UK and you saved my bacon for a last minute Birthday card here!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, this is a fabulous card! Funny how Pinterest connects us from halfway around the world; I'm in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made your card and I think my 8 year old grandson will like it. It does look like LEGO and the addition of the white curves on each circle makes it. Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Casing for my teen son, he loved Legos, too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. the idea of the legos will be perfect for my great grandson. you're great, tickled to find your blog. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is darling! Thank you for sharing your card and the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just cased most of your card for my grandson. Does anyone know which set the Happy Birthday stamp came from?

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...