Saturday, March 17, 2012

Flower Fancy Crayons

Hi everyone, I have for you today the next card we made in my recent Watercolour Wonder Crayon Class. For this card we used the very versatile Flower Fancy Stamp set.   I only used the background stamps and left the outline ones in their case.

This is a really foolproof way of using the crayons because it doesn't matter how many times you stamp the image, you will never get it the same way twice.  I have coloured the Pretty in Pink crayon around the outside of the petals on the large flower and then coloured the centre and a small part of the inner petals in with Rose Red.  Spray water directly onto the stamp and then press the stamp onto your watercolour paper and voila.  You will need to reapply the crayon to produce the next image.  The leaves have been coloured in with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede.

 I wanted to make the sentiment stand out a bit so after mounting it up on dimensionals I ran the very vanilla crayon lightly round the edge of the label and around the card as well to give it a bit of a highlight.  A few pearls in the corner finished it off.   I also used crumb cake seam binding and ruffled it along the underside of the Rose Red card stock.


1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful, Tina. My watercolour crayons are a bit neglected, but you've inspired me to use them more. I love how you highlighted the sentiment, using the Very Vanilla crayon - genius!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...