Thursday, March 22, 2012

Butterflies Guest Book - 3D Project

This weekend I am going on a card making retreat organised by my upline Kim Gavarra and I intend to make lots of things that I've been meaning to get made and just haven't had the time to.  So you will need to  keep checking in here over the next few weeks cause I hope to have lots to show you.  On this weekend I will be making my swaps for Convention and we are off to Canberra this year.  I promise to show you them closer to then.

In the meantime I thought I'd show you this beautiful book my mum made for her good friend for her 60th Birthday.  It was for all the guests to write comments in at her party and later for her to fill in the blank pages with photos of the evening.


The album itself was from Kasercraft and mum decorated it with retired DSP from Stampin Up and embellished it with lots of bits and pieces from my stash.  She cut the 60 out of card stock using the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Medium Sizzlits Dies from Stampin' Up!  There are four layers there all glued together to give the illusion that they are cut from Chipboard.  She then shimmered them up with the Champagne Shimmer Mist as well as the butterfly which was made using the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die and the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Dies.



Inside she used card stock in various shades of purples and white and mixed them up to form the pages of the book.   She also used different embossing folders and ran the pages through the Big Shot to fancy up where the guests were to write.


And on other pages she stamped images in corners to pretty up those.

Finally she punched holes in the card stock using the Crop-a-dile and put the book together using white round key ring clips which held the pages and cover together nicely.   Bits of ribbon both current and retired were tied around the rings to finish the whole book off.  Needless to say her friend loved it.

I'll need to go and make a list now of all the things I need to take away.  It usually ends up being most of my stuff by the time you pack the card stock, ink pad and embellishment caddies, stamp sets, punches etc. etc (You all know what I mean) :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tina
    I think you've got a terrific blog and I've enjoyed coming here. I have the honour of presenting you with the Liebster blog award!! You can pick it up on my blog at www.StampWithCynthia.blogspot.com. Have a wonderful weekend and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Tina, your Mum's talent never ceases to amaze me. This gorgeous book is an incredibly special gift to give her friend; so much love and thought has been put into it, and I am sure it will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. I do get my talent from my mum. She taught me how to draw, colour in and make things from a very early age. We have similar tastes but do things a little differently. She doesn't have a computer so I show stuff of hers now and then.

      Delete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...