Monday, May 30, 2011

Faux Quilting

Hello everyone, today I'm showing you a card I made using a kind of faux quilting. What I have done is cut out pieces of DSP from the Subltes Paper DSP Pack using my 1 3/4" square punch and glued them down to a piece of white cardstock. I trimmed the white card stock back leaving a small edge around the patterned pieces. Then I have run the white piece with its glued on squares through the big shot using the Square Lattice folder. It gives the illusion of material. I rouched up the edges of the white piece with my cutter kit distressing tool. Then using the paper piercer tool and the mat pack template sheet, I punched small holes all around the edge and then used my white gel pen to draw small lines to give the effect of stitching. You could of course use a real sewing machine with cotton to achieve a more realistic result.
I finally added my sentiment in the middle and popped a button and ribbon bow in the corner to finish it off.
I also used the new stitches wheel to put a faint background on the So Safron cardstock.
Happy Creating
Tina

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tina, your card is gorgeous, loving the colours & the quilting/faux stitching looks like real fabric, love it. xx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...