Saturday, November 16, 2013

Festive Flurry Gift Set

Last night I had another card class and we made this lovely little set using the Festive Flurry Stamp Set and Dies together with an assortment of punches glitter paper  and the new Envelope Punch Board.


The Card is made using just the one piece of card stock with a false back behind the cutout circle.  I stamped the large snowflake first and then using the 2 1/2" circle punch I cut the centre of it out but didn't throw it away.  Then I used the small Festive Flurry Framelit Die to cut out the small snowflake shape that was left in the centre.  (not the same as the small snowflake stamp mind you).


Then you use the 3/4" circle punch to cut out the centre of the small snowflake.   I used the 1 3/4" circle punch to punch out a champagne glitter circle and the 1" circle punch to cut the centre of that circle out.  No wasted pieces in this card.


Once you have all your pieces you can start layering them staring with the large gold circle stuck flat to the false backing piece then I stuck the next gold circle to the snowflake before mounting the snowflake to the bottom circle using two dimensionals stuck on top of each other.  Finally added the small snowflake circle to the top with one dimensional and added a rhinestone.


The box was made using the Envelope Punch Board.  I started with a  card base of 21 x 21 cm (8x8") and used the scoring line at 2 3/8".   I added a length of Burlap ribbon around the box, tied some silver ribbon around that and made a large bow on top.  Once it was tied I cut the loops to make three lengths of ribbon fall either side of the box.  I made a second snow flake much like the one on the card but added another snowflake layer behind the large gold circle.  I also used the smallest snowflake and cut the centre of it out for the top circle.

Here is a quick overview of the Envelope punch board that you can buy through my shop and have shipped to your door anywhere in Australia.  Remember it makes much more than just envelopes.


I think they came together really nicely and all the ladies were very happy with their creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...